This recipe makes 12 vegan tacos.
For the mushrooms:
- 400g oyster mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 tablespoons of white onions (finely diced)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 30ml Hot Sauce 02
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt & pepper
For the Salsa:
- 6 plum tomatoes (finely diced)
- ½ medium red onion (finely diced)
- 1 small garlic clove (finely diced)
- 40ml olive oil
- Zest and juice of a lime
- Pinch of cumin
- 20g coriander (finally chopped)
- Salt & pepper
Assembly / Garnish:
- Hot Sauce 02
- 12 small corn tortillas
- Coriander springs
- Lime wedges
- Piment d’Espelette flakes
- Place all salsa ingredients into a bowl, mix, season and reserve for later.
- Clean and shred the mushrooms.
- Heat up a wide pan and add the olive oil.
- Add mushroom and garlic and stir once they have browned on the bottom.
- Add the white onion and continue cooking for 30 seconds.
- Deglaze with Hot Sauce 02 and soy sauce and reduce lightly until sticky and even.
- Season with salt, pepper and lime.
- Warm up tortillas
- Build tacos by layering mushrooms and salsa into the center.
- Garnish with a good lashing of Hot Sauce 02, a few coriander springs and sprinkle with Piment d’Espelette. Add a small lime wedge to the side.
- Put it in your mouth.
HOT SAUCE 02
HOT SAUCE 02€14,00
Sale Sold outHot Sauce 02, 330ml
Empirical at Home with Harry Bell (Tata, Copenhagen)
We caught our friend Harry Bell from Tata (voted best bartender in Denmark two years in a row at the Bartenders Choice Awards) at home early in the morning and asked him to fix us a quick drink. He did not disappoint.
Empirical at Home with Nicolaj Pasfall (Holy Fridge, Odense)
Two recipes based on our Pasilla Mixe chili spirit Ayuuk to remind us that one day the sun will come back into our lives.