Koan’s Non-Alcoholic Pairing by Eric Heilig
Eric from R&D has created a non-alcoholic pairing for Koan, Kristian Baumann’s pop-up restaurant, following a similar approach to everything we do at the distillery.
Eric from R&D has created a non-alcoholic pairing for Koan, Kristian Baumann’s pop-up restaurant. He followed a similar approach to everything we do at the distillery. Eric combined different fermentation methods and blending techniques to come up with complex drinks reflective of our work on flavors.
- Water kefir, oxidized green gooseberry juice, very acidic lime leaf kombucha and salt, fat washed with cocoa butter and served with a little lemon verbena.
- Hibiscus kombucha with wild andaliman pepper, infused with black keemun tea post fermentation to bring some tannin to the blend.
- Dried apricot water with hemp kombucha, very acidic fig leaf kombucha, roasted red currant wood and elderflower vinegar.
- Milk oolong tea with a kombucha made from woodruff treated like pu err tea and sour cherry juice.
- Corn tea made from roasted kernels, fresh kernels, corn husk and silk, infused with burdock root, cacao husk and barley koji. Served with fresh pomelo zest and black lime.
Releases: Striped Tomato
Working off from the habanero notes of Fuck Trump And His Stupid Fucking Wall, Sasha was inspired to create a Bloody Mary with a much fresher and cleaner flavor profile.
How To Drink Empirical: Ayuuk Old Fashioned
Chris Stewart came up with an easy Ayuuk Old Fashioned recipe for our pop up bar. It’s so good we couldn’t keep it to ourselves.